Our ENT specialists differ from any physicians in that they are trained in both medicine and surgery. We do not need to refer our patients to other physicians when ear, nose, throat, or head/neck surgery is needed and therefore can offer the most appropriate care for each individual patient.
Board certified Otolaryngologists – Head and Neck surgeons Dr. James Bartels, Dr. Jeffrey Zimmerman and Dr. Andrew Spector have extensive training in the medical and surgical manangement and treatment of adult and pediatric patients with diseases and disorders of the ear, nose, throat, and related structures of the head and neck. As a team these talented specialists offer our patients more than 40 years experience in treating ear, nose, throat, head and neck disorders, and in partnership with our highly trained staff of healthcare professionals they continue to manage pediatric and adult head and neck conditions using the latest medical and surgical methods.
The breadth of our specialty becomes apparent when examining our many areas of expertise including:
Otology/Neurotology: diseases of the ear, including trauma (injury), cancer, and nerve pathways disorders, which affect hearing and balance.
- Examples: ear infection, swimmer’s ear, hearing loss, ear/face/neck pain, dizziness, ringing in the ears (tinnitus)
Pediatric Otolaryngology: diseases in children with special ENT problems including birth defects in the head and neck and developmental delays.
- Examples: ear infection (otitis media), tonsil and adenoid infection, airway problems, Down’s syndrome, asthma and allergy/sinus disease
Head and Neck: cancerous and noncancerous tumors in the head and neck, including the thyroid and parathyroid.
- Examples: lump in the neck or thyroid, cancer of the voice box
Laryngology: disorders of the throat, including voice and swalling problems.
- Examples: sore throat, hoarseness, swallowing disorder, gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD)
Rhinology: disorders of the nose and sinuses.
- Examples: sinus disorder, nose bleed, stuffy nose, loss of smell
Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery: cosmetic, functional and reconstructive surgical treatment of abnormalities of the face and neck.
- Examples: deviated septum, rhinoplasty (nose).